If you have a little girl in your house than I am sure that you have gone through a Frozen phase.
Do you want to build a snowman is a song that has been memorized here. As a momma, I still know the words. Even though it has been months since I’ve heard it on repeat.
The words, however, are ones that I am sure your own daughter has said to you as a parent. Maybe not together like in the song but when my own girls are seeking connection they ask the same things.
Do you wanna build a snowman? Come on let’s go outside and play!! I never see you anymore, Come out the door!! It’s like you’ve gone away!!
If your little angel is seeking connection than this is the perfect Daddy Daughter Date to have some fun and just enjoy being together. No distractions!!
Daddy-Daughter Snowman Date
There is something so magical about new-fallen snow and how you can see it glitter and sparkle. But there is something even more magical about building a snowman.
In case you are new to building a snowman or new to a colder climate then hopefully the following tips can help you!!
- The type of snow that you want to look for is wet and heavy almost like slush because this is when the snow will stick together. The snow that is freshly fallen and powdery looks pretty but won’t stay together when you try to roll it into a ball!
- If you really want to build a snowman but only have powdery snow you can lightly mist the snow with a garden hose to make the snow slushy.
- Build your snowman in a shady area. Too much sun will cause your snowman to melt faster.
- Build on level flat ground. You don’t want Olaf to tumble over because he is at an angle
- Build your snowman 3-2-1. You want your bottom ball to be the biggest and usually about 3 feet. The middle ball to be about 2 feet. And your head to be about 1 foot.
- Before putting your balls on top of each other flatten the top so they sit easier.
- Grab a snowman kit so that you can build snowmen again and again and again.
Hot Chocolate Bar
Once you have built your snowman and are ready to warm up head inside!! We thought it would be the perfect end to your daddy-daughter date to have a Hot Chocolate Bar. Some of the Hot Chocolate toppings we absolutely adore are:
- chocolate chips
- butterscotch chips
- peppermint sticks
- cinnamon sticks
- whipped cream
Setting up a hot chocolate bar can be a great activity for the other children to do with mom. While daddy and daughter are building Frosty outside. We really hope that you can find joy in building your own little snowmen buddies.
As a family, we really love to drive around and look at all the snowmen that have created in our community.
If you decide to do this date we would love to see your snowmen creations and hear any other snowman building tips you have!! Share them in the comments below!! Happy building!!