Looking for a fun St. Patrick’s game that doesn’t require a ton of time or effort to prepare?? Then check out our Oh, Leprechauns Edition Don’t Eat Pete!!
Annnnnndddddddd, we are back again with another edition of Don’t Eat Pete!! This time it is called Oh, Leprechauns for St. Patrick’s Day!!
If you’ve checked out our St. Patrick’s Day Care Package you will know that a piece of me used to absolutely hate St. Patrick’s.
I didn’t like being pinched. And I didn’t drink. So I was ready to throw that holiday out the window.
But then, something miraculous happened when I found out about trying to catch a leprechaun. So we have set out every year since then to try to catch and trap Leprechauns.
And it was then that the magic of the holiday came to me.
There is a childlike innocence of magic and fun that comes with this special green day that I had to share our version of Don’t Eat Pete.
Sorry if you have read the rules a billion times. You can just skip to the end of this post and download our printable Oh, Leprechauns edition Don’t Eat Pete!!
But for those that are new the rules are super easy!! We have played this with as young as 18 months with lots of guidance but it still was a total blast!!
So here it goes:
- Have the players help place one candy in each square
- Send one player out of the room
- Pick one of the squares to be Oh, Leprechauns
- Call child back in the room
- Don’t tell them the square where Oh, Leprechauns is
- The child picks the candy off the squares one at a time.
- Your child will continue until they reach the Oh, Leprechauns square.
- Once they pick up that candy all the other players yell Oh, Leprechauns
You really can use any dry food item or candy that your kids love!!
For Oh, Leprechauns we love to pick out the marshmallow treats from Lucky Charms and use them to add some magic and fun to our St. Patrick’s Theme!!